Re: [Devel] python binding for freetype2?

From: ha shao
Subject: Re: [Devel] python binding for freetype2?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:32:32 +0800

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 08:14:45PM +1100, address@hidden wrote:
> I must say at the outset that the python bindings I've written are far from
> polished. At some stage I intend to wrap the low level freetype interface
> with high level python objects in order to make working with freetype
> easier.

I just downloaded the cvs and tried to build it. There are some undefined ft_
symbols. It looks like the freetype2 API has changed since the binding's
last update. I commented out the offending lines in  ft2_interface.cpp, and
it builds through. the decompose.py runs ok. But other test programs
(encode.py, ftstring.py, test.py) won't run smoothly.

Python complained for some drawing functions which are in
pil_bitmap_draw.cpp. But pil_bitmap_draw.cpp was not built by default.
When I added pil_bitmap_draw.cpp to Setup.in.in, the compilation is
failed.

--
Best regard
hashao