[Devel] Re: problems/comments about freetype-2.01...

From: David Turner
Subject: [Devel] Re: problems/comments about freetype-2.01...
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 08:58:32 +0200

Hi George,

> Howdy Dave,
>
> I've just built my first freetype on my solaris 2.8 system with the
> latest gcc snapshot (20010402). I usually run the configure script
> myself because I specify a totally different install path and like to
> over-ride defaults. I had a hard time figguring out how to do this with
> freetype. I finally ended up changing the configure script. I don't like
> this solution much because I feel that it is inelegant.

Why did you need to do this ?? The following should work fine, given
that it is equivalent to what a 'make setup CFG="--your-options"' would do:

  cd builds/unix
  ./configure  --your-options
  cd ../..
  cp builds/unix/unix.mk config.mk
  make

I thought this was documented in the BUILD document, I'll take a look at
that to see if it needs correction..

> I then resorted to looking over the documentation but what I was looking
> for didn't leap out at me. I did see mention of demos but there is no
> demos directory in the distribution I downloaded.

Look at the "ft2demos" module on the CVS, it's where we moved the demo
stuff (because it includes platform-specific stuff that isn't part of
the library)..

Regards,

- David