[Devel] Rendering fonts into PCL downloadable font format?

From: Rich Stephens
Subject: [Devel] Rendering fonts into PCL downloadable font format?
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 16:22:52 -0400

We are using freetype here to a very limited extent, at present just reading
font metrics from TTF files.  I am aware that a great deal of the freetype
library is devoted to actually rendering those fonts.  My question is this:

Is there anyone out there using freetype to "render" TrueType fonts into a
format that can be downloaded to a PCL printer?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

Rich Stephens
Software Developer

Optio Software, Inc.