RE: [Devel] Rendering fonts into PCL downloadable font format?

From: Keil Claudia
Subject: RE: [Devel] Rendering fonts into PCL downloadable font format?
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 11:19:27 +0200

Hi Rich,

the guide to create PCL truetype softfonts is the PCL 5 Printer Language
Technical Reference Maunal.
I don't know other sources or specs.

What do you mean with "the necessary command for substitution" in the
PCL-table ?
You are right the most TTF's doesn't contain a PCL table.
But the most values in the PCL table are only relevant for font selection
via the PCL font selection mechanism.
You don't need them if you select the font by ID.
In contrast to this an important value of the PCL table is the pitch, which
directly affects the space width.
You can use instead the horizontal advance of the space in FUnits.
(FT_Glyph_Metrics.horiAdvance).

regards

Claudia