[Devel] Chinese font composite glyphs

From: Karl von Randow
Subject: [Devel] Chinese font composite glyphs
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 13:16:58 +1200

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone could clarify for me whether freetype 1 or 2 (I'm interested in 1 as there is a Java port, but could use 2) will correctly render the glyphs from a font such as Mingliu - the standard chinese truetype font. The font rendering engine in Java2d does not render these glyphs correctly! I believe because they are composite glyphs? Any information you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated!

address@hidden