Re: [Devel] Chinese font composite glyphs

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Chinese font composite glyphs
Date: Sat, 05 May 2001 10:53:02 +0200 (CEST)

> I was hoping someone could clarify for me whether freetype 1 or 2
  (I'm interested in 1 as there is a Java port, but could use 2) will
  correctly render the glyphs from a font such as Mingliu - the
  standard chinese truetype font. The font rendering engine in Java2d
  does not render these glyphs correctly! I believe because they are
  composite glyphs? Any information you could give me on this would be
  greatly appreciated!

You must enable the TrueType bytecode interpreter in ft_conf.h (in
FT 1.x) resp. ftoption.h (in FT 2.x).