[Devel] FreeType In Java

From: Ken Carpenter
Subject: [Devel] FreeType In Java
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 16:00:24 -0700

I see that a FreeType 1.0 port of Java was started some time ago at
the following URL (give it some time to come up -- it is slow):

http://ds.dial.pipex.com/town/close/gap59/freetype.shtml

Is there a Java port of FreeType 2 in progress or planned by anyone?

If there is I would very much like to learn of it.  If there is
not, I may very well have to undertake the project myself.

I have a Java-based PDF viewer that works fine with TrueType fonts
(albeit rather slowly), but it is unable to decode and render the
embedded Type 1C fonts since Java's font library lacks support for
this.

I would greatly appreciate any information you might be able to
provide on this topic.

Thanks,

Ken Carpenter