Re: [Devel] FT 1.x updated to OpenType 1.3

From: Ali Bahar
Subject: Re: [Devel] FT 1.x updated to OpenType 1.3
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 22:01:33 -0400

> > > The difference is that in the old example, the first glyph of a
> > > `diagonal group' starts on the baseline, while in the new the last
> > > glyph is on the baseline.

Have a look at the enclosed snapshot (my apologies for the size of it;
I wouldn't have posted anything more than 200k). The RHS is the 'old'
and the LHS is the 'new'. The xterm's title bar represents the
baseline as positioned for the first glyph of the diagonal groups in
'old'. IMHO, it is well-positioned for those first glyphs.

OTOH, when looking at 'new', this baseline is not correct for the last
glyphs of the diagonal groups. I do not see a baseline which would
match all the words, esp. the last two words.

If you wish, I can post a drawing showing _my_ placement of them.

regards,
ali

--
        Linux: The Most Beautiful OS in the World.