Re: [Devel] help! how to save to file?

From: Antoine Leca
Subject: Re: [Devel] help! how to save to file?
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:45:10 +0100

Bon dia Karen,

Karen Wong wrote:

> Supposing I have a a bitmap created from calling FT_Render_Glyph,
> how do save/write this to a bmp file?

A (Windows or OS/2) .bmp file consists in a header followed by
datas. The datas are exactly what is displayed at the screen
by the Windows (and probably OS/2 as well, but I did not care to
check carefully) demo driver used for the test programs.

The header is a structure (of type BITMAPFILEHEADER if I record
correctly), whose fields are to be filled with the adequate values
(look in your online documentation).

Save (fwrite to a binary file) in order header then data, and you
are done.

Antoine