[Devel] Testing on the new gamma support

From: yao zhang
Subject: [Devel] Testing on the new gamma support
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:05:16 -0500 (EST)

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Please try the recent CVS snapshot of freetype2.  David has added
> gamma support to the ftgrays module a few weeks ago.  Any comments are
> highly welcome (to the address@hidden list).

Thanks for the info.  I just checked out from your latest cvs tree and
tried it.  Here is my result:

Program:  ftview
Font:     gbsn00lp.ttf ("AR PL SungtiL GB")
Settings: anti-alias - on, embedded bitmap - off, outline hinting - off
Sizes:    8, 12, 16, 20, 24

It seems not making any noticable difference at first.  Then I take a look
at the freetype2/src/smooth/ftgrays.c, and change the parameter a little
bit.  Actually, the only thing I changed is that

#define M_Y     192

It works beautifully then.

Regards,

Yao Zhang