Re: [Devel] Re: FreeType 1.4.CVS caused libgd-perl to segfault on Alpha?

From: Ivo Timmermans
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: FreeType 1.4.CVS caused libgd-perl to segfault on Alpha?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 17:49:48 +0100

Antoine Leca wrote:
> I have no Alpha available here, and unfortunately David is quite loaded
> at the moment, so he will probably not be able to dig the problem if
> it is not obvious (and at first sight it does not appear to be).

Do you have any tests that Paul or I could do to narrow this down
further?

> Do you have any hint about the specificities of the font that lead to the
> fault (such as an isolate pixel or something like that) that may help
> narrowing the search down? Perhaps more context of the locals in
> Draw_Sweep may help, too.

Sure, I can debug some more if I know what you are looking for..

> Also if it would be possible to have access to the very font "Generic"?
> ('H' is rather plain vanilla, and does not call for complex dropouts, but
> perhaps the very case is special).

The actual test had a text like "Hello world!", i wanted to test a
single letter, but it fails on other letters, too.  The actual font is
part of libgd-perl, which can be downloaded from
http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/GD/

The font is in t/Generic.ttf; the code that actually segfaults is in
t/GD.t, function test7, with $img->stringTTF().  But the little C
program that I posted in my initial email also segfaults, so it's not
a libgd-perl specific problem.

Thanks for your help so far,

        Ivo

--
Buy one for the price of two and get another one for free!