Re: [Devel] Re: FreeType 1.4.CVS caused libgd-perl to segfault on Alpha?

From: Paul Slootman
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: FreeType 1.4.CVS caused libgd-perl to segfault on Alpha?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 18:19:42 +0100

On Mon 19 Nov 2001, Antoine Leca wrote:

> First, it really looks like a problem with Freetype to me. And since
> we mainly debug with Intel which are almost immune to alignment problems...
> (SIGSEGV is what the Alpha library raises on alignment fault, right?)

No, the linux kernel for Alpha traps the error and works around it (i.e.
does a byte-by-byte access to complete whatever's necessary, invoking a
big performance hit, but the process continues running without noticing
it).

I don't see any unaligned traps in the logs either, so that's not what
the problem is with Ivo's test program.

Paul Slootman