Re: [Devel] PCF driver memory leak??

From: Niels Moseley
Subject: Re: [Devel] PCF driver memory leak??
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:04:31 +0100

Hi francesco,

NM> The bitmap created by the driver (line 198):

NM>     ALLOC(bitmap->buffer, bytes);

NM> never gets freed when I call FT_Done_Glyph..

AFAIK, FT_Done_Glyph should destroy a glyph, not a glyph slot, and
that buffer belongs to the glyph slot of the face object.

My question is ``should the bitmap-buffer in the face->glyph glyph
slot be explicitely destroyed by the driver?''  If yes, please, tell
me when and where.

I don't know but bitmap->buffer isn't freed by the driver at the moment and as far as I can see there is no way of externally freeing the memory. This is a really big problem! Could you please fix it.

Cheers, Niels.