Re: [Devel] Re: [Fonts]Another approach to text in X

From: Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: [Fonts]Another approach to text in X
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 13:03:31 +0600

On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Alexander Gelfenbain wrote:

> I can confirm that the license ST will be released with is "BSD+" which is
> standard
> BSD with the following clause:
>
>   * You acknowledge that this software is not designed, licensed or indended
>   * for use in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any
>   * nuclear facility.

        Sorry if it is a stupid question (I'm not a lawyer :), but does
this clause mean that if ST somehow gets into Red Hat, SuSE or some other
distro, we (see my signature) and other high-energy physics labs will have
no legal right to use these distros?

        Can you please ask your legal department to make that statement
more clear?

        TIA,
                Dmitry

          Dmitry Yu. Bolkhovityanov