Re: [Devel] Ready for 2.0.8

From: Keith Packard
Subject: Re: [Devel] Ready for 2.0.8
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 09:55:33 -0800

Around 18 o'clock on Feb 7, David Turner wrote:

>  On the other hand, we've still not tested Keith's new API
>  thoroughly and I suggest to remove its declaration from
>  <freetype/freetype.h> for this release (the code is still
>  there but is subject to change, and I don't want to back-track
>  it right now..)

I've been testing it and have found no problems with the 9000+ fonts
on my machine.  It's easy enough to test; walk the encoding linearly and
compare with walking via Get_Next_Char.  I'd appreciate having the API
available in 2.0.8 as it turns a 10 minute task into a 2 second task and
I'm nearly set to release the dependent libraries.

Shall I post a suitable test program?

Keith Packard        XFree86 Core Team        Compaq Cambridge Research Lab