[Devel] Bad truetype rendering? still not satisfied!!

From: Robert Schelander
Subject: [Devel] Bad truetype rendering? still not satisfied!!
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2002 02:06:47 +0100

After comparing the results with an old freetype1 I'm
again not really satisfied.

Rendering of seperate letters is now more or less ok
with activated bytecode interpreter, but spacing between
':' and '.' characters makes still not a good result. Look at
the link and compare:
http://members.aon.at/schleppealm/rendertext4.png
Both examples use the same arial.ttf and a size of 12.

Is there another option that either everyone except me
knows or nobody cares?

Is freetype1 anyway better than freetype2 -  is freetype2 just
another hack around some patents?

Thanks to those who have already helped me!

Robert