Re: [Devel] CIDCMap support code (alpha version)

From: 山内 英敏
Subject: Re: [Devel] CIDCMap support code (alpha version)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:42:36 +0900 (JST)

From: Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 02 Jun 2002 17:37:07 +0200 (CEST)

> > It support the cidrange, cidchar, notdefrange and notdefchar
> > operaters.  And it does not support the bfrange and bfchar operators
> > because we must change FT_Charmap architecture before to do it.
>
> It looks very nice!  Do you already have something in mind how
> charmap support in FT should be changed?

Yes.

* New charmap selection scheme.

The meaning of ft_encoding_ is something wrong.
We should specfice the charcter set and the its encoding.

For example, when we use FT_Select_Charmap( ft_encoding_unicode ), we
do not know the encoding of the charmap because UCS2, UCS4 and UTF8
are the charmaps with ft_encoding_unicode.

Moreover, there are many official CMap files which are not suitable with
ft_encoding_ (See src/cid/cmapenc.h in my previous patch).

* psaux module to handle multiple glyph indexes.
(e.g. <0000ffff>)

I do not think that FT_Charmaps support multiple glyph indexes.  We
should use higher level layers when we want to use multiple glyph
indexes or rearrange font.  And I think it is convinient that FT
provides a CMap parser for higher level layers.

to be continued...

--- YAMANO-UCHI, Hidetoshi