Re: [Devel] CIDCMap support code (alpha version)

From: 山内 英敏
Subject: Re: [Devel] CIDCMap support code (alpha version)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 23:52:11 +0900 (JST)

Hello,

From: Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 11:10:56 +0200 (CEST)

> > * New charmap selection scheme.
> >
> > The meaning of ft_encoding_ is something wrong.
> > We should specfice the charcter set and the its encoding.
> >
> > For example, when we use FT_Select_Charmap( ft_encoding_unicode ),
> > we do not know the encoding of the charmap because UCS2, UCS4 and
> > UTF8 are the charmaps with ft_encoding_unicode.

Moreover, ft_encoding_unicode specifies the charcter set.  On the
other hand, ft_encoding_sjis specifies the encoding.  And I do not know
the definition of ft_encoding_wangsung. (EUC-KR? MS CodePage949?)

I think the ft_encoding_* stuff depends to the OpenType specification
heavily.  In other word, it is not platform neutral.  So it is not
good for the cid driver, the winfont driver and the pcf driver.

> Maybe it is best to introduce a new `expert' API to be used in
> parallel to the current ft_encoding_* stuff.

I agree.

(snip)
> > * psaux module to handle multiple glyph indexes.
> > (e.g. <0000ffff>)
>
> I don't understand what you mean with that -- I can't find the term
> `multiple glyph indices' in any of Adobe's technical notes for
> CIDCMaps.

I do not found any documents but I found some CMaps writen by Adobe.

Please see at
http://project.ktug.or.kr/dvipdfm-cjk/data/CMap/90pv-RKSJ-UCS2

---- YAMANO-UCHI, Hidetoshi