Re: [Devel] Adding options to the PS Hinter

From: Owen Taylor
Subject: Re: [Devel] Adding options to the PS Hinter
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 12:42:27 -0400 (EDT)

David Turner <address@hidden> writes:

> Owen Taylor wrote:
> > Here's my last patch against current freetype CVS.
> I don't know why, but it seems I can't apply your patch to
> the CVS repository. Could you try re-generating it with
> "cvs diff -urN"  ??

Hmm, did some testing and you are right, it doesn't just
apply with 'patch -p0'; I think patch must have some
heuristics that are getting confused here.

However, the typical magic CVS patch workaround:

 POSIXLY_CORRECT=1 patch -p0 < /tmp/freetype.patch

Does work for me. Just in case it was something else, I've
reattached the patch, generated with "diff -uN" not "diff -up"
and gzip'ed against mailer corruption.

Regards,
                                        Owen