Re: [Devel] Re: FreeType 2.1.2's cmap detection broken?

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: FreeType 2.1.2's cmap detection broken?
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 07:45:11 -0700

At 08:30 AM 8/10/2002 +0200, you wrote:
imported the font into pfaedit and exported it back to a TTF.  Now
FT2 reports that it has three cmaps.  Again, the two buggy cmaps have
been silently fixed by pfaedit -- George, I ask you the same: perhaps
a small window could be opened, showing the results of the conversion
from TTF to SFD.
Sloppiness on my part, rather than a deliberate fix. I'll put in a message.
Werner, can you send me a copy of opens___.ttf  (off list) so I can test it?

is incorrect.  Without having it debugged further, I assume the same
problem happens within the (3,1) cmap.
These both probably point to the same subtable (at least that's how PfaEdit outputs them).