Re: [Devel] Re: FreeType 2.1.2's cmap detection broken?

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Re: FreeType 2.1.2's cmap detection broken?
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 12:03:04 -0700

At 08:30 AM 8/10/2002 +0200, you wrote:
Two of the three cmaps of opens___.ttf are indeed buggy, and the
current validation tests in FT 2.1.2 reject them.  fonttools silently
fixes the problematic cmaps -- Just, it would be great if fonttools
could report if fixes are necessary.
Although I have never seen it documented there are other fonts beside opens___.ttf which use a range offset of 0xffff to mean "No glyph". So PfaEdit did have a special check for this case. I've put in a warning though.