Re: [Devel] Clarifications regarding Installation of Freetype Library

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Clarifications regarding Installation of Freetype Library
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:04:46 +0200 (CEST)

Sorry for the late reply.

> I have a problem of installating freetype library (freetype-1.3.1)
> on my system.
>
> I am using Hard Hat Linux(PowerPC).
>
> The installation is working fine with RedHatLinux-7.1.
>
> But I need to use a different compiler(Hard Hat Linux compiler->ppc_405-
> gcc). What i tried is:
> ../configure --host=powerpc
> As a result of which some Makefiles were generated. I made changes
> for compiler manually. i.e, replaced CC=gcc with my compiler. Though
> it is not giving me any errors, libttf.so is not getting
> formed. Only files libttf.a and libttf.la are getting formed newly.

I'm not sure how libtool (which manages the creation of dynamic
libraries) supports cross compilation.  It is easily possible that
FreeType 1's configure script doesn't support that properly.  You
should probably ask address@hidden for more assistance.

In case you are successful please report how you've done it.