[Devel] Cache sub-system: FTC_ImageDesc is struct but FTC_CMapDesc is po

From: Aaron Isaksen
Subject: [Devel] Cache sub-system: FTC_ImageDesc is struct but FTC_CMapDesc is pointer
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:49:41 -0400

Hi.

I ran into a little problem because of the naming of FTC_ImageDesc and
FTC_CMapDesc.  FTC_ImageDesc is the actual struct, but FTC_CMapDesc is a
pointer to FTC_CmapDescRec.  Likewise, we have FTC_FontRec as the struct,
and FTC_Font as the pointer.

For clarity, shouldn't there be FTC_ImageDescRec, with FTC_ImageDesc being
the pointer to that struct?

Maybe its too late to make these sorts of changes, but consistency makes the
code easier for newcomers (me) to understand.

Thanks

-Aaron