[Devel] standalone ftgrays.c

From: Scott Long
Subject: [Devel] standalone ftgrays.c
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 12:49:47 -0700

I tried following the directions in ftgrays.c (lib version 2.1.2) to compile a standalone antialiasing rasterizer. After copying the necessary files, I try to compile:

$ gcc -D_STANDALONE_ -c ftgrays.c
In file included from ftimage.h:31,
                 from ftgrays.c:117:
/usr/include/ft2build.h:55:38: freetype/config/ftheader.h: No such file or directory

No problem, so I add the include path to the Freetype headers, and after compiling again I get this error:

ftgrays.c: In function `gray_render_span':
ftgrays.c:1287: `FT_UInt' undeclared (first use in this function)
ftgrays.c:1287: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ftgrays.c:1287: for each function it appears in.)

As a quick fix without even changing the source, I try:

$ gcc -D_STANDALONE_ -c -DFT_UInt='unsigned int' -I../freetype2/include ftgrays.c

And that succeeds.

I just want to report that this does work, but not in the way documented in ftgrays.c. Does my workaround actually work? Or am I missing something important here? Regardless, it appears that the hints given in ftgrays.c are either incorrect or out of date.

Scott Long
SwiftView, Inc. http://www.swiftview.com