[Devel] Blurry rendering

From: gtg990h
Subject: [Devel] Blurry rendering
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 03:55:04 -0500

I recently upgraded to FreeType 2.1.4rc1, and I had mixed reactions about the
rendering quality. Most fonts look better, and the improvement in italicized
fonts is incredible. However, unitalicized fonts (specifically the Postscript
Gill Sans and Adobe Times) have blurred stems. I have a fairly high resolution
LCD (133dpi) so even with antialiasing on FreeType 2.1.3 rendered everything
razor sharp, yet still with good letter shapes. Are there any changes in 2.1.4
that might result in this increased blurring? Is there any way to increase the
sharpness of the fonts through entries in fonts.conf?

Thanks in advance,
    Rayiner Hashem.