Re: [Devel] Freetype Mac .dfont issues?

From: Dan Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Freetype Mac .dfont issues?
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 12:33:47 -0600

Hi,

I have here a preliminary patch that allows more than the first face to be used from Freetype for mac fonts, both suitcases and dfonts. This patch is _NOT_ submission quality, I'm simply posting it to get a review if this is the right thing to do.

Caveats with the patch:
1) Whacked up to support gcc building with -DTARGET_API_MAC_CARBON, not using CodeWarrior (ignore #include changes) 2) Hack to make both suitcases and dfonts use FT_New_Face_From_dfont(). This function would get renamed. 3) Doesn't work with some fonts like LastResort.dfont, Keyboard.dfont, Taipei.dfont, Beijing.dfont, perhaps because they do not have the correct TrueType version identifier in their 'sfnt' headers. Crashes on FT_FREE(stream) in open_face_from_buffer().
4)  Whitespace changes

With these in mind, please review the patch and see if the method seems acceptable.

Thanks,
Dan