Re: [Devel] ft_kerning_default

From: David Turner
Subject: Re: [Devel] ft_kerning_default
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 10:08:20 +0100

Hello Billy,

Billy Biggs wrote:
  ft_kerning_default was changed to FT_KERNING_DEFAULT.  It looks like
this happened recently, a user of 2.1.2 doesn't have the all-caps
version, but I have it with debian's 2.1.3.

  Any recommendations on how to handle this nicely?  Will the
compatibility #define remain around for a while?  While I do prefer the
all-caps version, I don't want to have to deal with a transition period.

  Thoughts?

Well, we've been "improving" the API by trying to make it nicer and
more coherent, so the new 'standard' is that all macros and constants
should be in UPPER_CASE_LIKE_THAT. That's why we now provide
"replacements" for "ft_kerning_default (e.g. FT_KERNING_DEFAULT)

We don't expect to remove the "old" macros too soon to preserve
source compatibility with "old" programs, but they're now
considered deprecated, as stated by the API reference.

Regards,

- David Turner

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please
delete it and immediately notify the sender.
Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibed except formal appoval.
The E-Mail transmission can not guarantee the integrity of this message.
CANAL+TECHNOLOGIES will not therefore be liable for the message if modified.