Re: [Devel] CFF encoding bug

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] CFF encoding bug
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 22:22:05 +0200 (CEST)

> I have a problem reading encoding information from some Type1 CFF
> fonts.
>
> The following font has a single CharMap:
>   http://www3.telus.net/public/ab114139/type1cff_01.fn
>
> However FT_Get_First_Char/FT_Get_Next_Char/FT_Get_Glyph_Name don't
> produce any encoding information. Is this a bug in FreeType?

Yes.  It should be fixed now.  Thanks for the report.

BTW, there was another bug: The font provides an Adobe Custom
Encoding, but Adobe Custom Encoding was represented as (7,3) instead
of the correct (7,2).  I've fixed this by using the symbolic names
from ttnameid.h.

> The following font has two encodings (Unicode & adobe_custom)
>   http://www3.telus.net/public/ab114139/type1cff_00.fn
> When Unicode is selected some characters are misplaced

I can't verify this.  Checking with ftview all glyphs are at the
right position -- perhaps this is caused by my recent fixes :-)

> and when custom encoding is selected FT_Get_First_Char immediately
> returns glyph index 0 (i.e. no encoding info).

This is the same bug as above and is fixed now.