[Devel] strange font name clashes with freetype 2.1.4

From: Ambrose Li
Subject: [Devel] strange font name clashes with freetype 2.1.4
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 03:34:42 -0400

Hello,

I have found that FreeType2 sometimes produces identical font
names for different fonts.

The problem occurs with Type 1 fonts with the same /FamilyName
and the same /Weight, but different /FullName's. For example,
I have two fonts /BaseTwelveSans and /BaseTwelveSerif; however,
FreeType2 recognizes both of them as "BaseTwelve Regular"
(both have /FamilyName BaseTwelve and /Weight Medium).

I am not sure if this problem occurs with TrueType fonts or not.

Best regards,

--
Ambrose LI Cheuk-Wing  <address@hidden>

http://ada.dhs.org/~acli/