[Devel] Small patch to resolve binary compatibility issues

From: Turner David
Subject: [Devel] Small patch to resolve binary compatibility issues
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 17:07:21 +0200

Hello,

  here's a small patch against the current sources that
  re-establish source and binary compatibility between
  2.1.4 and the current CVS.

  the problem is solved by changing the Type 1 and Type 42
  loaders so that they only  record the first instance of
  any field. I believe it should be enough to handle
  synthetic fonts without impact on other ones.

  However, I only tested the patch with a few Type 1 fonts
  since I don't have many data or time here at work..

  By the way, there is no such test for CID fonts. I
  suspect that synthetized CID fonts don't really exist :-)

Regards,

- David Turner
 <<psinfo.diff>>

--
This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for the
addressees and is confidential. If you receive this message in error, please