Re: [Devel] Patch submission: further enhancement to ft2demo/ftdump.

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Devel] Patch submission: further enhancement to ft2demo/ftdump.
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2003 17:57:29 +0100 (CET)

Dear Hin-Tak,

> (I am starting to think I might want to subscribe to the list if I
> keep on getting delays for the submission of patches,

the delay of more than two months until answering your email was
caused by a lack of time to handle pending email requests.  Sorry for
that.

> etc - how heavy is the traffic?

Normally, a few emails a day.

> Alternatively, I suppose I can just e-mail Werner the patch... :-)

If you don't subscribe this might be indeed a better solution.

> The previous patch was completely portable - this further
> enhancement uses <iconv.h> to achieve the UTF-16BE to utf8
> conversion - it might be better to bundle a small UTF-16BE to utf8
> routine (quite trivial, I would think) for better portabity; else
> make configure auto-detect the presence of iconv(or glibc).

Since the ft2demos package doesn't have a separate configure script it
is indeed better IMHO to write a small UTF-16BE->UTF-8 converter.  Can
you work on that?  Depending on iconv is problematic due to the many
platforms FreeType's demo programs are intended to run.

Thanks for your submission!