Re: [Devel] Passing style

From: John A. Boyd Jr.
Subject: Re: [Devel] Passing style
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:45:52 -0500

I'm glad you prefer keeping both, actually. 8^)

BTW, I finished a patch for Pango 1.2.5 yesterday to use these changes,
but it showed me that I'm also going to have to patch GTK/gdk and maybe
some other things before I can actually see different fonts used on
my system (Linux/Gnome).  I can pass it along if you're interested,
although I realize you may not have an interest in pango changes.  Let
me know.

-John

Werner LEMBERG wrote:

Otherwise, I also used only "Italic" here, instead of both "Oblique"
and "Italic", as I mentioned in my previous message.

Here I disagree.  If possible I would like to stay with both `oblique'
and `italic' since unifying means a loss of information -- BTW, think
of TeX's Computer Modern Roman (cmr) font family which has both
oblique (cmsl) and italic (cmti) shapes.