[Devel] What should we do for China's Linux National Standard?

From: Shiyu Tang
Subject: [Devel] What should we do for China's Linux National Standard?
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:08:35 +0800

China will put Linux National Standard into practice in the next week. This
standard is nearly the same as LSB 2.0, but adds some Chinese support content
in it.

FreeType must have these functions:

1.Support displaying bold, italic, bold italic Chinese fonts.(Now you haven't
achieved it.)
2.When the TureType font is small, use bitmap font to display Chinese
characters.(Now FreeType can do it, but the English alphabets are ugly.
3.Support GB18030 font.

That's all. I think there is no difficulty for you.

Shiyu Tang <address@hidden>