Re: [Devel] gnome browsers segfault

From: Koblinger Egmont
Subject: Re: [Devel] gnome browsers segfault
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 12:01:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Masatake YAMATO wrote:

> ...After crashing you will get gdb prompt again. Call `where' gdb command.
> you will get the backtrace. Please send it.

here it is:
http://www.cs.bme.hu/~egmont/freetype/galeon-gdb.txt
I think it doesn't contain any valuable information.

> If the target web browser calls fork system call internal, it becomes hard to
> get
> backtrace. We have to make gdb tracking child process.

Yes, unfortunately this is the case. All of galeon, epiphany and mozilla
are 5-6 proceseses.

Furthermore, all of them are a wrapper script so I placed the gdb
command in these scripts.

> I will also try to reproduce the crash.

Please tell me if you succeed. IMHO it'd be the easiest if you saw this
bug.

> BTW, could you tell me OS, you are using. Mine is Fedora Core 1.

Hahh ;-) it's an UHU-Linux which is a Hungarian distribuion we're
developing :-))))) it's a stand-alone distribution, not based on any other.

Binary packages are here: ftp://ftp.uhulinux.hu/uhu/dev/packages/
so you can just see the version number or look inside the packages (these
are .deb package, renamed to .uhu for some unknown prehistorical reason).
Sources, patches are available too in a special format if you're
interested.

In the mean time I'll try to binary search between 2.1.7 and 2.1.8 to see
when it went wrong.

--
Egmont