[Devel] Bitmap only sfnt files

From: George Williams
Subject: [Devel] Bitmap only sfnt files
Date: 14 May 2004 17:07:24 -0700

A user of mine complained that a font (which later turned out to be a
bitmap only sfnt) produced by fontforge worked fine as a system font on
his mac but did not work with freetype.

The font contains 'bhed', 'bdat' and 'bloc' tables. Is this a format
that freetype does not support? Or is there a bug either in fontforge's
generation of this format, or freetype's interpretation of it...

This is off-topic, but I don't know the appropriate X mailing list

Same user also wanted to know how to install this font under X.
I realize I don't know how to install a non-scalable font containing
multiple strikes under X. Do I just add multiple lines pointing to the
same font file and will X/xfs figure things out from the pixel size in
the fontname?