Re: [Devel] Bitmap only sfnt files

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [Devel] Bitmap only sfnt files
Date: 16 May 2004 13:07:31 -0700

On Fri, 2004-05-14 at 18:21, Masatake YAMATO wrote:
> Does the font contains `head' table?
No, just a bhed
> A font which only has 'bhed', 'bdat' and 'bloc' but `head' was found in Mac
> OS 10.2.
> To load(not show:-) the font into FreeType, following patch was needed.
Um, I needed a bit more to make that patch compile...

And it appears to me that when 'maxp' has version .5 that
face->num_glyphs never gets set. I suggest the following patch...

With these patches and the one you sent, the test font I have loads
fine.

(I updated my cvs copy of freetype and your patch was not in it, I don't
know what that means.)