Re: [Devel] Question regarding bold feature

From: Masatake YAMATO
Subject: Re: [Devel] Question regarding bold feature
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 10:53:04 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

> Is it possible to convert a character in regular font
> to bold in FreeType 2? I need this feature because it
> would be useful in memory constrainted envi. where it
> is not possible to store a family of fonts (e.g.
> regular, bold, etc.).
>
> Regards,
> Sameer

See below.

/***************************************************************************/
/*                                                                         */
/*  ftsynth.h                                                              */
/*                                                                         */
/*    FreeType synthesizing code for emboldening and slanting              */
/*    (specification).                                                     */
/*                                                                         */
/*  Copyright 2000-2001, 2003 by                                           */
/*  David Turner, Robert Wilhelm, and Werner Lemberg.                      */
/*                                                                         */
/*  This file is part of the FreeType project, and may only be used,       */
/*  modified, and distributed under the terms of the FreeType project      */
/*  license, LICENSE.TXT.  By continuing to use, modify, or distribute     */
/*  this file you indicate that you have read the license and              */
/*  understand and accept it fully.                                        */
/*                                                                         */
/***************************************************************************/

  /*************************************************************************/
  /*************************************************************************/
  /*************************************************************************/
  /*************************************************************************/
  /*************************************************************************/
  /*********                                                       *********/
  /*********        WARNING, THIS IS ALPHA CODE, THIS API          *********/
  /*********    IS DUE TO CHANGE UNTIL STRICTLY NOTIFIED BY THE    *********/
  /*********            FREETYPE DEVELOPMENT TEAM                  *********/
  /*********                                                       *********/
  /*************************************************************************/
  /*************************************************************************/
  /*************************************************************************/

  /* This code is completely experimental -- use with care! */
  /* It will probably be completely rewritten in the future */
  /* or even integrated into the library.                   */
  FT_EXPORT( void )
  FT_GlyphSlot_Embolden( FT_GlyphSlot  slot );

  FT_EXPORT( void )
  FT_GlyphSlot_Oblique( FT_GlyphSlot  slot );

Masatake YAMATO