[ft-devel] RE: [Devel] Problem with Monospace at size 8

From: Turner, David
Subject: [ft-devel] RE: [Devel] Problem with Monospace at size 8
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:31:56 +0100

Hello Mateus,

Well, the truncation of fixed-width fonts is a well-known
"feature" of the libXft library. You should probably contact
Keith Packard about this problem.

However, the metrics seem to be incorrect in the second and
third screenshots, but this is not something I can reproduce
with the "ftview" demo program.

Have you tried only re-installing FreeType 2.1.7 on your
upgraded system ? If this fixes the problem, there likely is
something rotten in the font engine; otherwise, I'd look at
higher layers of code.

Hope this helps,

- David Turner