RE: [ft-devel] Re: [Devel] Problem with Monospace at size 8

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] Re: [Devel] Problem with Monospace at size 8
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 16:26:20 +0100

Hello Adam,

this is rather strange, because I cannot reproduce this
behaviour using "ftstring", even when toggling kerning on/off.

Are you sure that your only changed FreeType when you performed
your upgrade ? Wasn't there other libraries, like libXft involved ?

As long as we can't reproduce this problem with FreeType alone,
I'll assume that something higher level like libXft or Pango is
the source of this anomaly.

However, a simple way to get sure is to perform FreeType-limited
re-installs on your machine, and see if it changes anything in
the case of unhinted rendering.

Hope this helps,

- David Turner