RE: [ft-devel] Re: const problems

From: Turner, David
Subject: RE: [ft-devel] Re: const problems
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:57:59 +0200

Please please do not make the sources more complex than they
already are.

Contrary to popular advice, putting "const" everywhere is
_not_ important. It's just semantic sugar, and a hint to
developers that can also be placed in the documentation of
a given function. Of course we'd all be better if it was
there in the first place, but they have strictly no impact
on performance or portability.

Using additionnal macros to just deal with this seems a
bit too much.

- David Turner