Re: [ft-devel] Invalid Glyph Format

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Invalid Glyph Format
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:10:58 +0200 (CEST)

> Is there any specific information anyone could give me about error
> code 0x12 (Invalid Glyph Format)

No.  This is quite a generic error and might have various reasons.  I
suggest that you manually edit the error messages to find out the
exact location of the problem, then poke around in the affected
structures.  In case you find something suspicious report it here.

> struct FT_Bitmap_
> {
>       int rows;
>       int width;
>       int pitch;
>       ubyte* buffer;
>       short num_grays;
>       char pixel_mode;
>       char palette_mode;
>       void* palette;
> };
>
> doesnt use the FT_Int and FT_Short, etc, types... Why is this?

It uses standard C types to make it work in standalone mode: the
ftgrays module can be compiled without the rest of the FreeType
library.

> When porting to D where the int and short are different byte sizes,
> will the cause the problem?  How large should these be?

Care have been taken to make FreeTpye compile on 16bit hosts, so even
the smallest values for `int' (this is, a 16bit type) should be
sufficient for normal use.

Just curious: What data types are available for D?