[ft-devel] Fw: FreeType and MSVC problem

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft-devel] Fw: FreeType and MSVC problem
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 23:17:28 +0200 (CEST)

Here is the final word from a Microsoft developer w.r.t. argument
prescan in MSVC.

    Werner
--- Begin Message --- Subject: RE: FreeType and MSVC problem Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:32:15 -0700

Our preprocessor is ancient, some of the code is from 1977 or 1978.  I'm
pretty sure this bug has been around that long.

We don't directly expose our bug database for every bug, but customer
reported bugs can be tracked.  If you report this bug here:

http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/productfeedback/default.aspx

you can track it yourself.  We definitely won't be fixing this bug in
Whidbey.  We would definitely like to fix it in a future release, but I
can't commit to what release that might be.

> Apparently, the word `argument prescan' isn't used for this bug -- a
> search on microsoft.com haven't had a single hit.  How do you call it?

I use the term 'rescan'.
--
Jason Shirk
VC++ Compiler Team