[ft-devel] unresolved external symbol _otv_module_class

From: Xerxes
Subject: [ft-devel] unresolved external symbol _otv_module_class
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:31:19 -0700

Hello,

We were previously using FreeType 2.1.9 with our project and recently
attempted to upgrade to the most recent 2.1.10 release.  We are
statically linking freetype and are using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
2003.

Anyways, I am able to compile freetype, but when I go to link our
project, we get a linker error as follows:

freetype2110_d.lib(ftinit.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol _otv_module_class

Does anyone have any idea as to what might be causing this problem?
The previous version linked with our project just fine.

Also, I do not think it is related, but just in case it is.. I had to
change the FT_EXPORT macro in ftconfig.h to explicitly include the
_cdecl calling convention.  Since our project uses the __fastcall
calling convention, and since freetype doesn't explicitly specify,
when compiling our project, it assumes __fastcall for freetype as
well, but that is not right.

Anyways, any help is much appreciated.

Thanks.