Re: [ft-devel] Freetype on Mac uses deprecated functions

From: mpsuzuki
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Freetype on Mac uses deprecated functions
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 09:36:05 +0900

Hi,

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:41:52 -0400
"Sean McBride" <address@hidden> wrote:
>These functions have been officially deprecated as of Mac OS 10.4 Tiger,
>but unofficially deprecated long ago.  The two main points are:
> - FSSpecs should be replaced with FSRefs
>   - <http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn2002/tn2078.html>
> - Font Manager calls should be replaced with ATS for Fonts.
>   - <http://developer.apple.com/documentation/Carbon/Conceptual/
>ATS_Concepts/atsfonts_intro/chapter_1_section_1.html>
>   - The main header is ATSFont.h, in ApplicationServices/ATS

Thank you for informative references. Do you know any docs to
know about: which version of MacOS has which functions?
I'm not sure if FreeType maintainers have enough sparetime to
support antique MacOSs (System7, MacOS 8 etc), but I think it's
important which platforms are dropped in next ftmac.c (if there's).

Regards,
mpsuzuki