Re: [ft-devel] Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font

From: George Williams
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font
Date: 18 Dec 2005 14:28:49 -0800

One more thing...
Currently when freetype parses a bdf font it throws away any comments in
that font.
But they contain important info if one wishes to preserve all of a bdf
font. So I want access to them.

Retaining them in freetype is fairly easy, it's just a parameter passed
to the bdf parser.
But for almost all uses they are irrelevant and should not be retained.

What I'd like to be able to do is make a call before parsing the font
which will establish a value for this parameter in the future... but I'm
not sure how best to do that -- it's deep inside BDF_Face_Init

Any suggestions?