Re: [ft-devel] internal.h

From: david turner
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] internal.h
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:20:53 +0100

Werner LEMBERG a écrit :
I've just commited a much simpler fix:

  - we define FT2_BUILD_LIBRARY when compiling the library
  - config/ftheader.h only includes the internals when
    FT2_BUILD_LIBRARY is defined.

This was my first idea too, but I don't think this is the optimal
solution -- now the user still sees a hint that there is an `internal'
directory somewhere (but not installed).  I prefer to avoid this
completely.  I still think that using a separate file which won't get
installed is better for building FreeType itself.

Werner, we're not trying to find "optimal" solution at this point. I don't think that a "hint"
is going to be a problem. Moreover, changing all other files is such a big work I'm not
willing to do it (too few benefits for the effort).

If you really want to, do it, but please don't waste too much time on this.

Cheers,

- David

Information contained in this email message is confidential and may be privileged, and is intended only for use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the address@hidden and destroy the original message.