Re: [ft-devel] More crashes on ARM

From: Frank Meerkoetter
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] More crashes on ARM
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 23:37:29 +0100

Hi,

i've fixed the problems i had with freetype. The problem was that
Poppler/Fontconfig where calling the wrong version of freetype.

I'm using Qt/E which makes use of freetype by statically linking to
a certain version of freetype (i wasn't aware of this). Poppler and
fontconfig use the dynamic freetype library. So poppler
and fontconfig ended up calling code which was statically
linked into Qt/E when they should call the code in the dynamic freetype
library. I removed the statical linked freetype code and changed
the build process so QT/E also uses the dynamic library. This fixed
my problems. This also includes the problem with embedded t1 fonts
reported earlier.

I would like to thank David Turner and mpsuzuki  for their great support.

Regards,
  Frank