Re: [ft-devel] 2.2 doc updates, tag moved

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] 2.2 doc updates, tag moved
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 15:26:21 +0200 (CEST)

> here are the links.
>
> http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/freetype-2.2.tar.bz2
> http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/freetype-2.2.tar.gz
> http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/freetype22.zip
> http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/ft2demos-2.2.tar.bz2
> http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/ft2demos-2.2.tar.gz
> http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/ft2demos22.zip
> http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/freetype-docs-2.2.tar.bz2
> http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/freetype-docs-2.2.tar.gz
> http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/ftdocs22.zip

I'll have a look.  Have you already a script to generate those files?
Can you send it to me?  I'll then try to canonicalize it so that we
can use it for future versions also.

> Note that I quite don't get what you mean in 'docs/release' when you
> write:
>
>   After that, update `config.guess' and `config.sub' to the most
>   recent versions (from the `config' CVS repository).

See this:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/config

> However, I noticed that you since commited an update to the VC 7
> project file, and that we may need to modify FT_ARRAY_NEW and
> FT_ARRAY_RENEW to prevent buffer overflows.
>
> Is it worth it to do it *right* now, and move the tag again to
> regenerate the files with these ?

Yes, I think so.  Please fix the FT_ARRAY issue, and I'll rebuild the
everything next week

> As usual, I can't connect to the freetype web server....

I can do the whole packaging issue next week, together with uploading
the files, if you like me to do that.