Re: [ft-devel] 2.2 doc updates, tag moved

From: Steve Langasek
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] 2.2 doc updates, tag moved
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 01:37:02 -0700

Hi David,

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 10:50:07AM +0200, David Turner wrote:

> I've just moved the tag for 2.2 in the CVS, after a few updates to the
> documentation. I know believe that the code is ready for release.

> Werner, what do you think about it ? Shall we go forward ?

> As usual, up-to-date pre-auto-conf'ed package at:

>   http://turnerdavid.neuf.fr/freetype/freetype-2.2.tar.bz2

I've just tested this version and found that there's a regression building
ft2demos 2.1.10 against it because the prototype of FT_Stroker_New in
ftstroke.h has changed from

FT_EXPORT( FT_Error ) FT_Stroker_New( FT_Memory memory, FT_Stroker *astroker );

FT_EXPORT( FT_Error ) FT_Stroker_New( FT_Library library, FT_Stroker *astroker
);

This seems to break binary compatibility with 2.1.7, which I understood was
a goal for the 2.2 release.

Thanks,
address@hidden                                   http://www.debian.org/