Re: [ft-devel] Mac install instructions don't seem to exist

From: Sean McBride
Subject: Re: [ft-devel] Mac install instructions don't seem to exist
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 11:19:20 -0500

Happy New Year everyone!

On 2006-12-22 23:05, Werner LEMBERG said:

>> Could autogen.sh be conditionalised to include Chirstian's hack?
>
>No.  You are actually using a developer's version (the CVS), thus you
>have to be prepared to use the latest tools in case .  On the other
>hand, a `public' tarball comes with a generated configure script; in
>that case you neither need automake nor autoconf at all.

I see.  I did not realise that the problem only exists with the CVS
version and not the public version.  I had incorrectly assumed they were
more similar.  As I said, I am largely ignorant of the whole configure/
automake method of building things.

On 2006-12-25 03:11, address@hidden said:

>Sean, except of GNU make version, there's any issues that
>configure, builds/unix/configure and INSTALL.UNIX have not
>covered yet?

No.  After I used Christian's hack everything built without problems.

Thanks all,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 address@hidden